Monday, November 5, 2018

NaNoWriMo 2018 Day 4 (Meant to post on the 4th, but forgot)

November Fourth, Two Thousand Eighteen

Today is a Sunday. This means that tomorrow, I will have the house to myself for the most part. My parents work during the week, so the house is quiet during the daytime. Well, except for the normal sounds of the daytime world.

I prefer the quiet of the night, because nobody is awake to bother me, nobody is awake to judge me for being awake, and I can focus on things that make me happy. I get to read stories, I can write if I want, I can work on dolls, I can work on my costumes, that sort of thing. Some nights, the anxiety tries to rear its ugly head, but for the most part, my brain has a hard time finding things to worry needlessly about.

Once in a while, if the anxiety is starting to act up, I will get up and just wander around the main part of the basement. Sometimes, this gives me ideas for things I want to write or draw, sometimes, it just quiets the anxiety down to levels where I can sit still and focus on whatever I am working on or watching, if I am watching television.

Some of the channels that I will frequent are Science Channel, Food Network, Travel Channel (only on Friday nights and Saturday nights), and Velocity. I like to learn about space and the world around me, I enjoy cooking, I love to see pretty cars be built or shown off, and on Friday and Saturday nights, I get to watch paranormal investigations. I find all of those topics really fascinating, so getting to see shows about the topics makes me very happy.

I also like to talk to people about my various hobbies, and I happen to be a member of a couple of discord servers. One is related to my job as an avatar forum item design artist, one is for Role Playing Games, and one is a safe space for female fans of Transformers.

I have found so many new friends through these servers, and I have actually met some of the people on the Transformers server in real life at a convention.

No comments:

Post a Comment